Jeremy Heit's Blog
Thursday, January 27, 2005
Links and Stuff
Check out the work in the blogosphere today, especially Jay with your links and OFF with some bullpen talk.
As for me, you won't be seeing a post tomorrow. It's my 18th birthday. Hopefully I'll see you all again on Saturday, though that's even looking questionable at the moment. Anyway, enjoy the next couple of days and hope for no more major player movement.
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Some Koo Information
Matt IMed me this link to a Japanesebaseball.com forums discussion on Dae Sung Koo. Flip down a little while and there is some great info posted on Koo's splits and pitch speeds. To me, he looks like a perfect LOOGY.
FYI, using this converter, here are Koo's posted pitch speeds from the post in the forum (which is in km/h) in mph...
Definitely good information to check out.
Here's some quick and rough analysis of my thoughts on the Mientkiewicz deal.
As always, enjoy.
Tuesday, January 25, 2005
Plan A or B?
Based on this report, I wrote a little thing for NYMFans on where the Mets should go if Delgado ends up with the Fish.
EDIT #1: Done deal to the Fish at 4/52.
EDIT #2: Apparently there is also a vesting option that could make the deal 5/64, which, well, would have been insane to give him. Don't blame the Mets for passing at all.
Monday, January 24, 2005
Out of Delgado sweepstakes? No, wait, we're in!
Now a decision? Soon? Possibly tonight?
David Sloane, Delgado's agent, said an announcement could come as early as Monday. Delgado is weighing competing offers from the Baltimore Orioles, Florida Marlins and New York Mets.I really just want a decision made already because this is driving me insane, but I think the Mets, as long as the price has stabilized around 4/48, really need to get him.
"Following these discussions, we now have a pretty clear picture of the landscape as it presently exists," Sloane told Associated Press.
"We anticipate talking further [Monday] and hope we'll be able to have a final decision very soon."
And, yes, this is the last Delgado update until he picks somewhere.
Sunday, January 23, 2005
The Mets, at least according to Michael Morrissey. But, as Vinny points out, no one is quite sure where the O's stand. The Fish? Looking out. The Rangers? Wanted their answer by today... unlikely to get it.
Personally, I think this is going to go past 4/48 and really to a point where its no longer worth it for the Mets to get Delgado. As per Sam M's suggestion in a BTF thread, the Mets might as well just sign Travis Lee (the best 1B option after Delgado) right now and call the offseason done. It would still be a mighty successful offseason that would give the Mets an outside shot at a playoff spot and set them up to spend good money in the OF or 1B next year with contracts coming off the books (though the free agent crop, especially at 1B, is pretty weak).
We'll see about Delgado, but I have large doubts that he is coming here. But, then again, I thought that about the other Carlos...